Friday, June 26, 2009

Treasures of the Day

Well, as each day passes since our last court date, Tuesday the 23rd, I get a little more composure back! (Smile) We truly are doing great and looking forward with great anticipation to getting our little buddy in Mid July. Incidentally, our court date was given in error. It is not July 2nd, it is now July 3rd (Friday). The only thing that kept us from passing last week was the Orphanage Director not being there. Lord willing, he will be there this week and all will go well! If not, we will survive again, praying that I will do it a little more gracefully this time! (Smile)

Great things happened today! We contacted a local organization called Gleaning for the World earlier this week and told them that we had been praying that we would be able to do more than pick up our child when we go to Ethiopia. We said we are praying for a way to try to have a little bigger impact with helping the other orphanages over there when we go and we were wondering if they might have some items that we could possibly take. They were so sweet and gracious. The head of the organization, Pastor Ron Davidson said, "sure", then gave me the name of an Angel who cares for their inventory and said "call her and she can tell you better what we have". We called the Angel named Jean and she said, "I don't know if we have what you need, but you are very welcome to come and take what you find that would help."

Well, Brett, Noah and I went out this afternoon and found so many items that will be a total blessing to share when we go over there. As a matter of fact, she had a couple of bags of items that had come in the day before. She said, when it came in, she said, I thought it must have come in just for your need. It was lots of craft and school supplies. Praise the Lord! He is so good! It will be so awesome to be able to deliver these things. I know it will do a lot for our 8 year old son to be able to be a part of it all.

I was just thinking today what a blessing it is, not only for us to be able to have a new member added to our family, but also for us to be able to have the gift of what I know will be a heart and eye opening trip for our family. We have always been blessed beyond belief and I am praying that through this, God will open our eyes and our hearts to a larger ministry for Him. I know He doesn't need us, but I am so humbled to know that He wants to used us, even when we are such a mess like I so often am.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support!

2 comments:

  1. great stuff! I'm glad that you are smiling again :-)
    and I pray that everything goes smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary and Pace family,
    Glad to hear that God is encouraging you in this waiting and trusting time.
    Your contact with Gleaning for the World sounds like a God thing.
    I know that God has special showing and growing things in store for you and you family in the next few days. Enjoy your time together and with Noah.
    The one song that was really on my heart as I prayed for you on Friday was a little song that goes:
    "Give thanks with a greatful heart, give thanks unto the Holy One, give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son.
    And now let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich because of what the LORD has dome, give thanks."
    I hadn't heard it for a long time. It encouraged my heart and maybe it will encourage your heart too. There is power released in praise without agenda, just because of who God is.
    Love and hugs and prayers,
    Debi

    PS another adopting family that just brought home a tiny girl from ET faced delays also. I love this little family's heart for God. You may be encouraged by their BLOG. It is: http://www.adoptingaria.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete