Saturday, August 22, 2009

Backposting to catch our blog up to date.

August 14th - Back Posting for Journal Record

OK, I am going to attempt to pull the posts from Facebook so I can have a pretty good journal for our family to have in the future. It will be a lot, but for those who haven't been following facebook, this will help catch you up.

One last post before our return trip to the states: Sorry I didn't post last night! We had no power or hot water when we got back from the Orphanages. It was just as well, as it will take me a while before I can begin to express my feelings a...bout that experience. All I can say is that it is a sight no one wants to see, but everyone should see. I only pray that I don't soon put it in the back of my mind and will continue to pray that God gives us some more ideas on how to help with such a HUGE _________________. I can't even give it a word. No one word would due! Brett and I just came back with the kids and told them to play while we laid on the... bed with our hearts and heads aching. Enough said! Please pray for these little ones and the limited number that care for them.

Today was our free day! We got Teshale's passport and VISA! Yeah! We can take him across the border! We then went to a Coffee Factory! I am not a big coffee drinker myself, but this was Great! We also got to tour the factory! That was ver...y interesting! Then we went to lunch, came back to the guest house and watched "Robots". Teshale is only interested about 1/3 of the way through, then he isn't too interested in listening to the English yammering. We then went out in the court yard and played soccer for a couple of hours. Our boy has some moves! We said goodbye to 2 of the four families we have been with, ate dinner, then called it a night.

Tomorrows schedule: Shop a little close by for some Amharic speaking kids videos, have lunch, nap, go to airport at 6:30pm, then fly out a little after 10. We are hoping that will time our sleep well with the time change. We will arrive back in Ro...anoke Sunday afternoon and are really looking forward to many firsts with our little guy. He has said he is excited to be flying to the states with us tomorrow!

What a big world is awaiting him! Blessing to all that are following! Thanks for your prayers! Hopefully we will be posting to our blog more than here when we get back. If you do not have our blog and would like to have the address, please just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment