Monday, July 6, 2009

Where are we not with getting ready to go to Ethiopia?

Sorry it has taken a couple of days to post! We have been reeling from our awesome news of passing court and our home is a flurry of activity, almost as if we haven't had months to prepare for this. I don't know about everyone else, but nothing gets me motivated like someone lighting a motivational fire under my behind! Smile! It is amazing what you can accomplish on lots of adrenaline! I can hardly sleep and it's not caffeine! "I'm just too Excited to sleep"!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes! I know everyone wants to know when we go pick up our little wonder. Well, we do not know yet about our definite travel dates. We pray it will be next week! Please pray for packing. We were able to get some items from Gleaning for the world for the orphanages over there and are trying to figure out how to pack it. They gave us some school supplies, diapers, wipes, some medical supplies and many more items that I couldn't begin to tell. I am just starting to see how we might be able to pack.

Others have asked how they can contribute.

1) First and foremost, we can use all of the prayer you can send our way for the details. We wouldn't survive without it!

2) I am not sure where it is going to go, but I feel God is telling me to let you all know that if you would like to contribute little cars, rubber balls, hard candy, (yes, I am requesting hard candy for those of you who know me) and little items that I could give to the kids we encounter at the orphanage or in the streets. Everyone that goes over feels like they wish they had more to give to attempt to brighten these little kids days.

3) Also, we are not sure how much the shipping will be to take these items with us, so shipping financial contributions is another way that people are welcome to contribute.

Please don't feel obligated to contribute. I have just had many asking how they can help and I wasn't sure what would fit or what we would be able to take until now, so was a little afraid to put anything out there for fear of a mountain of items.

I just went out and bought a big bag of dum dum suckers, some rice crispy treats and some gummie snacks. I wanted to get more healthy items like granola bars, but was concerned for nut allergies.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary and Pace family,
    I am so excited with you that little T. can finally come home!!
    Thanks for the update on your prepartions for your travels. I will be praying for God's guidance and direction as you pack. I know that God is going before you to prepare the way and will be with you each step.
    Love and hugs and prayers,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete